Care for my Pottery
You are buying pottery that has been fired to over 2200 degrees, making it quite durable. The glaze, which is glass and adds beauty to the piece, must be treated as such. Meaning you need to be concerned about thermal shock. Thermal shock is when a piece goes through an extreme temperature change, abruptly. This is why we recommend placing pottery into a cool oven and then turning the heat on. So the piece and food warm up together. We also recommend using a hot pad to place the piece on when it comes out of the oven. This will ensure that your pottery will last for years and years.
Pottery may also be used in the microwave, in the dishwasher, and for baking in daily use.