Handcrafted 100% Environmentally Safe from start to finish, this superior Reclaimed Chestnut Wood dining table enlivens your home with essences of earth and natural beauty.
"What makes it superior?"
- Top Choice selected 80-100 year old Reclaimed Wormy Chestnut boards
- 50+ Hours of hands on attention to detail - reveals natural beauty and wood character
- This table passes on the legacy of the beautiful American Chestnut Tree
- Low VOC protective coats and 100% environmentally safe techniques
Wowing hundreds of families across the continental US over the past 5 years, "The Heartland" dining table has established an element of artisan pride within the Gibson family and our business. Every table that comes from our shop is built to bolster not only our family name, but also your family and friend's long lasting memories of sharing meals around the dining table.
- Table Top: Approximately 1" Thick Reclaimed Wormy Chestnut
Legs and apron: Hand painted with water-based chalk paint. Solid Hardwood for durability and strength to last lifetimes.
Leg Thickness: 3.5 Inches
Protective Coats: Low VOC water-based resin and water-repelling furniture beeswax.
A blight in the early 1900s wiped out nearly all of the growing stands of Chestnut trees and the wood was widely used in old barns, mills, general stores, cabins, schoolhouses, and stables across eastern US. As these structures are getting old, the valuable chestnut wood is being harvested and reclaimed to build furniture that passes on the legacy of the American Chestnut Tree.
Custom Options: For any option listed below, please send us a message!
- Custom Sizes
- Kitchen Counter Height (36 Inches Tall)
- Matching Bench(es)
- Coffee Table
The Building Process:
- Order Received.
- Planning and Sketch Phase
- Top choice wood boards carefully selected and de-nailed.
- Initial rough cuts are made and boards are ready for thickness planing.
- Boards are tediously planed to correct thickness while preserving weathered character.
- Precision cuts are made with careful measuring.
- Perfectly cut boards are glued together to form the Table Top of your set dimensions.
- Extensive detailed sanding and splinter removal.
- Legs and Apron constructed and hand painted with chalk paint.
- Hand-Applied Low VOC resin and furniture beeswax. (Protection from water and scratches)
- Drying and Curing Phase
- Careful packaging and boxing for secure delivery.
- Notification given and Table shipped to your home.
- Follow up to ensure expectations are completely met and the table will be cherished.
Table Preservation and Care:
- Use trivets and/or extra thick cloths for placing hot pot and pans.
- Wipe spills immediately.
- To protect the finish, do no use abrasives or cleaners.
- Wipe with a lint free, dry cloth. A damp cloth can occasionally be used.
- Light assembly of the legs is required upon delivery. (8-15 minutes)
- Some original saw marks, dents and/or scratches are unique and purposefully preserved.
- Small details like the wood grain, board width, etc. are different on every table.
- Some nail holes may be present that reveal completely through the table top.
- Current Lead Time: 3-4 weeks till shipped.
With every order, we guarantee a beautiful lasting table built to meet these previously listed specifications and your chosen dimensions and/or custom specifications. We guarantee the table will be delivered in the same condition as when it left our shop. Ensuring every order is carefully managed from start to finish is our guarantee and the foundation for building our business. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us a message!